Our flexible plant offers the right equipment for every product requirement.
In the compounding of substances in powder form, SternMaid has made a name for itself in respect of quality. We carry out your blending orders with enthusiasm, expertise and state-of-the-art technology.
We blend and process batch sizes from 50 to 4,000 litres, that is an average of 25 to 2,000 kilograms. We also have the appropriate know-how for premixes or trial blends. All our blending lines are frequency-controlled and carry out your project gently, in short blending times. For intensive mixing or grinding we use cutter heads that make it possible to work in liquids and break up any lumps.
Blending is our mission: tailor-made compounding
8 flexible lines for small orders
For small and medium-sized orders between 25 and 10,000 kg we have four flexible blending lines. Besides our usual blending quality of up to 1:100,000, this plant offers the advantages of quick set-up times and flexible filling into containers such as bags, fibreboard boxes, drums or FIBCs.
3 lines for efficient blending of large quantities
Three fully automated production lines of the latest design, operated by a central process control and visual display system, enable us to blend different formulations. Up to 15 individual raw materials can be dosed and weighed in automatically. An unbroken line of documentation goes without saying, as does strict adherence to the formulation and the safety of the process.
Gentle blending of sensitive substances
The counter-current container blending line installed in a separate part of the factory is qualified according to Part II of the EU GMP Guide. It permits the extremely gentle free-fall blending method that can be intensified if necessary with cutting heads.
Optional spraying-in of liquid substances
On all the lines, liquid components can be sprayed onto the powder homogeneously through special nozzles. Microcomponents like flavourings, oils, emulsifiers etc. can be dispersed very finely through these atomizing spray nozzles. But high percentages of fats and highly-viscous liquids can be added too.
Facts & figures
Powder blending technology
- Batch-by-batch documentation of setpoint/actual values in weighing
- Computer-assisted hand weighing system for micronutrients and raw materials not capable of automatic conveyance
- All blending units with cutter heads
- Blending accuracy 1:100,000
- Addition of liquid substances from 0.01 to 60% of the formulation through special nozzles
- 8 blending lines for quantities from 25 to 10,000 kg
- 3 fully automated blending lines for orders over 10,000 kg
- 1 GMP-certified counter-current container blending line for extremely sensitive applications